This interactive class is designed for babies and their parents working in the pool together to become comfortable swimming in and under the water independently. We work on developing skills to enable the child to be relaxed float independently on their back, be able to swim with their eyes down for a distance of three to five feet. Swim diapers are required on every child. Class limit: 5
The goals of the Water Babies class are:
- Child who is comfortable underwater
- Comfortable on their back
- Increase independent mobility in the water
- Introduce swimming and breathing
The requirements to graduate into the Water Wigglers class are: Swimming independently; comfortable in the back floating position with assistance; social skills necessary to work away from the Parent; and the Instructor’s approval.
Water Wigglers (Graduates of Water Babies)
This level is designed for the graduates of the Water Babies class. The children will work independently from Mom and Dad and we will introduce roll over breathing, learn how to do ‘big arms’, and be comfortable kicking on their back. We also will insure that the child is able to complete an unassisted turnaround swim for safety. Swim diapers are required on every child who is not potty trained. Class limit: 3
Goals of the Water Wigglers Program:
- Maintain a comfortable, head down swim
- Learn the Freestyle progression of streamline, kick, and add arms
- Learn an independent back glide with arms at side and in a streamline to the wall
- Be able to work in a group and take turns
The requirements to graduate into the Tiger Barbs class are: Swimming independently; comfortable in back floating position with assistance; social skills necessary to work away from the Parent; and the Instructor’s approval.